what should i do with the punctured liPo battery?
08/03/2010, 10:30 AM
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tags: , ,

i accidentally puntured a new 900mA li-poly battery with a needle a few days ago. it instantly dulled the needle (some black goo). there is also a weird smell.
the hole is very small, and i taped it up. and the battery still worked then (3.7v), but now after 3 days it is dead(.03v).

I assume the small puncture somehow made the battery quickly lose its power over the course of 3 days.

Is it safe to recharge it? I really need need another lipoly, and i am in Italy, so i don’t mind an inefficient battery as long as it works for a little bit…

but i’m afraid to recharge it because it seems that they may explode if overcharged, which is not the same thing, but still..

i don’t know what i should do. ‘need’ and curiosity is in favor of charging, but fear is in favor of not.


aug.05 2010 – i have charged it to 3.5V


Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: